Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This Is What Love Feels Like...

"Guido" was in NY for 10 days for a research trip, and look what he brought back for me*-- :)

Indeed, unbeknownst to me, he wandered over to Purl SoHo just to get me this: 3 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn. I've never splurged on this stuff for myself before, though I heard over and over again just how lovely it is. It is certainly lovely; I've already started a toe-up knee high sock with it. (I finished my Friday Harbor Socks that very night just so I could immediately cast on with my new yarn.** Now if only I could find a similar motivation for the dreaded-D-thing.)

So I say, "thanks Guido" for loving me and for supporting my new addiction to all things knitterly...

Speaking of love...we've recently sort of been made to adopt this guy.

We're trying our best to learn to love him, but he sure is making it hard on us (for reasons which I won't mention as they are much too gross to be included in a blog entry under the title of "This is What Love Feels Like..." Indeed, I don't want to attract any real pervs by their googling of 'love,' & 'worms,' & 'butt.' 'Nuf said!)


*Guido also brought me home the NY T-shirt in the photo as well as many wonderful books: The Anthropology of Turquoise; a novel by Jose Saramago; and a book all about birdsong. What a guy, that Guido is...

** FO photo of the Harbor Socks with details to follow in the next few days; I really like the way they turned out and can't wait to "photo-shoot" them-- :)