Monday, April 23, 2007

At Last: Kiri. So Long, Kiri.

Okay, so I've been remiss in a few things, one being writing up the finishing specs and posting some modelling shots of Kiri.

*


Pattern: Kiri (free pattern courtesy of All Tangled Up: see sidebar for the PDF)

Yarn: Peruvian Baby Cashmere from Elann; six balls used of color 3724 (camel).

Needles: US 6 circulars

Modifications and Thoughts: No real modifications. A straightforward, and enjoyable pattern to knit. The lace repeat is easily memorized, and so the shawl was a calming project to work on. I really enjoyed the Baby Cashmere, and would recommend it. I used the Elann's Baby Silk previously on this shawl. My preference is the Baby Cashmere for the simple, but important, fact that the cashmere is much softer against the skin. In fact, I find the Baby Silk shawl itchy to wear, but I am extra sensitive to wearing wool next to my skin (I'm trying to work through this; EZ would want it that way.)

*




I've actually sent this shawl off to my mother, who is in charge of a church auction. They're trying desperately to raise money to keep the United Church of my very small town going. I hope that Kiri finds itself in the hands of someone who will love it as much as I (briefly) did. I guess this constitutes my first real act of charity knitting. I liked it.

BTW: What good news for Crazy Aunt Purl. Her book, not even released yet, is already climbing the charts.

*