Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Look Up! Look Up!

Do you see it? Look up. That's right: my banner has been fixed, and boy does it look better. My thanks go out to Carrieoke, who both designed the banner and then uploaded it to my template. Thanks also go to Megan and her partner for trying to help upload the banner earlier. You girls rock, and I mean it when I say that I am grateful for your help.

*

So last summer I began a blanket for my nephew, inspired by The Brown Sheep's blanket. I finally dug it out and blocked it this past weekend. It's been sitting in my WIP pile far too long.



What's been giving me trouble is deciding upon the backing. So, inspired by yet another fabulous blogger, I'm going to try to back it either with this "I love you/Je t'aime" flannel...
*


...or with this crazy monkey flannel...
*


I personally like the monkeys the best, and the colors match so well. But I'm letting my sister give the final decision; ideally, I'd leave it up to my nephew, but if I wait until he learns to talk, well then this blanket really will sit in the WIP pile far too long.

*

In other news--I find myself torn these days: like all of you, I have not a lot of free time (or so it feels, but I obviously have much more than others given I do not have children nor am I a brain surgeon), and so I want to spend that time knitting (and gardening...YAY spring!), but I also am really attracted to sewing. So (sew?!) I've started collecting fabrics whenever I stumble across them at the thrift store.



But all I've really been creating so far are piles. Lots of piles of fabric.
*


*
I also found this pattern at the GW, and though it's for kids, I think I can tweak the largest size by a few inches to fit me. So this might be my first piece of clothing (the red top on the far right) that I try to sew.



The only thing is is that I probably won't be getting around to this project until the summer months arrive. But until then, I do love just looking at the pattern, restacking the fabrics, and wondering if they'll ever be enough time in one's day...