Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh Baby!

More baby showers coming up, so here's the start to the EZ February Baby Sweater, found in the Knitter's Almanac. So far (and that "so far" is meant as foreshadowing....), the sweater has been knit with an acryllic yarn (SORRY EZ!) on US 6 circulars.


Here are the buttons I'm going to use. The choice of button colors is strategic. You see, like BrooklynTweed (now, if only I were just like BT!!), I've run out of yarn. Unlike BT, I don't have anyone to dye me up another batch of matching yarn. So I'm going to have to take drastic measures, which will be to switch to a bright green or lavender color (or both) to finish off the sweater. What do you color experts think I should do? Finish with the fuscia, then move to a lavender, and then edge it off with a bright and fun lime green (all in an attempt to match the buttons and thus save face by making it seem like I wanted that color scheme instead of the reality that I do not know any better than to start a project without enough yarn)? Or will this result in a hideous sweater whereby the beautiful, soft-spoken mother-to-be will exclaim, upon opening the shower gift, "WTF"? Please offer some suggestions, dear readers. Please advise me as to what I should do (keeping in mind that getting more of the same yarn is out given that I picked up this yarn a year ago at a yard sale in a different country....

Please help a girl out...even you lurkers!