Monday, February 26, 2007

"WIP It Girl": Or, A Tale of Works In Progress



So I've begun Forecast. Here's a close-up of the 3-stitch bobble that I'm using, a popular adaptation ever since (I think) Winnie's version of Forecast first appeared.




Here's Forecast a bit further along, now resting outside. I'm using Cascade 220 (for the first time) and I'm loving it.



The back view...


Can you tell that I'm in love with this pattern, and that I'm loving taking pictures of it?



Other things as WIPS: the My So Called Scarf manages to go nowhere these days. I really like the stitch pattern, but given that it's now March (practically), there's really no sense in making a thick, warm scarf like this. So to the back-burner you go. (Besides, if I were to be making a scarf these days, it'd *definitely* be a rip-off of these fantastic ones everyone is talking about these days...)


So, instead of continuing with the SoCalledScarf, I've *finally* finished Kiri (see left margin for free PDF pattern). That's right, this shawl has been languishing for a long time. The reason? I ran out of yarn when casting off. Seriously, I only had about 40 more stitches to bind off when there just wasn't any more yarn left. ARGH. So then I had to wait until Elann restocked this color (Serenghetti Sand), so that it could be completed. It's blocking today, so FO photos will come later this week.



Lastly, I quickly knit up another We Call Them Pirates Hat because the first one I made was immediately too small for the newborn and the parents kept telling me how much they liked the hat. This one, made from acrylic yarn left over from this, doesn't look too hot. Mind you, I haven't blocked it yet, but I'm not sure what difference it'll make, really, b/c of the acrylic. Oh well, I just need to get it to them before the cooler temperatures are completely gone, and before the baby girl grows out of this one too.

BTW: Thanks for the feedback regarding "blogger etiquette". I'm going to write a "reply" post to this, summing the comments/suggestions up, sometime later this week.